Open House appoints Emma Telfer to the role of Creative Director
Posted Thu 30th Apr 2015
After another successful year for Open House Melbourne, Emma's appointment signifies an exciting time of growth and program development for the organisation.
Recently appointed Open House Melbourne CEO Paul Gurney said “I'm pleased to welcome Emma to her new role, a role that acknowledges her significant contribution to the organisation’s creative vision over the past 5 years. I look forward to working collaboratively with Emma to continue Open House's growth as a significant cultural event for Melbourne.”
Emma takes on the role of Creative Director in her 5th year with Open House Melbourne that has seen her successfully drive visitor engagement as the organisation's marketing communications director. Emma's practice is based on engagement with the creative industries through public programs that captivate people and stimulate discourse and creative thinking.
Emma said she is "thrilled to be working with Paul and the Open House Melbourne Board in establishing the creative direction of the organisation. Open House Melbourne has reached a maturity that allows us to consider new special programming that delights and informs people about the value of design, ultimately enabling a more liveable city."
The Open House Melbourne weekend returns in 2015 on 25 and 26 July and will be supported by a special program that runs throughout the year.
- Open your doors to the city for Open House 2016
- Interview with Rueben Berg, Director IADV
- Christos Tsiolkas and La Mama
- An interview with Lachlan Holding, Acting Senior Sergeant, Victoria Police Mounted Branch
- Interview with Justine Clarke, Director of Parlour
- Focus on Photography Winners Announced
- Free tours announced for AILA Festival
- Focus on Photography Competition