Open House announces Paul Gurney as new CEO
Posted Thu 30th Apr 2015
Paul joins Open House Melbourne after a 4-year term as Executive Director of Next Wave, an Artist Development and Festival organisation that provides a professionally supported environment for emerging artists across all art forms. Paul co-led the delivery of two highly successful biennial Festivals and contributed to significant organisational growth during his tenure at Next Wave.
Paul said he is “looking forward to joining the Open House team; the organisation delivers a unique Melbourne experience that continually broadens people’s perspective of the city they live in and love.”
After another successful year for Open House Melbourne, Paul joins the organisation at an exciting time of program development. Led by the Open House Board, Paul will be supported by an established project team that includes Creative Director, Emma Telfer; Event Manager, Eleni Kaponis; and a group of dedicated volunteers.
Open House Melbourne President Tim Leslie said “We are delighted to welcome Paul Gurney to Open House Melbourne. He brings significant stakeholder experience and expertise in running major cultural projects to our dedicated team.
We believe that Paul will make a great contribution to Open House Melbourne and we look forward to working with him to further grow and develop our award winning event.”
Open House Melbourne returns in 2015 on 25 and 26 July and will be supported by a year round program of events and activities.
- Open your doors to the city for Open House 2016
- Interview with Rueben Berg, Director IADV
- Christos Tsiolkas and La Mama
- An interview with Lachlan Holding, Acting Senior Sergeant, Victoria Police Mounted Branch
- Interview with Justine Clarke, Director of Parlour
- Focus on Photography Winners Announced
- Free tours announced for AILA Festival
- Focus on Photography Competition