Registrations are now Closed
We love our volunteers, and would not be able to deliver our events without you.
Volunteers are the backbone of the Open House model. Without your generous support, our programs simply could not run. The public’s primary interaction with Open House Melbourne is you! Your passion and enthusiasm for the program ensures a successful day for all.
Registrations for the 2019 Melbourne Weekend are now closed.
Log in to stay up to date with all our news and special volunteer-only events.
2019 OPEN HOUSE building Volunteers
Building Volunteers are vital for ensuring visitors have the best possible experience by providing building access, tour guidance and answering questions. In return, our volunteers receive:
- Front of queue access to Open Entry buildings
- Volunteer uniform kit
- A copy of the printed program (retails for $19.95)
- Invitations to special events and tour opportunities throughout the year.
We need over 700 volunteers to make the Weekend possible, and we’d love for you to join us.
Download the position description for more details on the role and responsibilities.
Shift Sign up
Shifts will open via the Volunteer Website in early June. Make sure your contact details in the ‘My Profile’ section are current and all sections are complete so that you’re ready to sign up to a shift once they’re live.
Need to know
- The 2019 Open House Melbourne Weekend will be on SATURDAY 27 + SUNDAY 28 JULY 2019
- You will need to be available on either the Saturday OR the Sunday (or both!)
- You will be required to complete a 4hour shift in the morning OR afternoon
- You must be available to complete a 2-hour training session on:
Saturday 6th July (daytime) CBD central location, OR;
Monday 8th July (6pm) CBD central location,
The training sessions are your opportunity to meet fellow volunteers, brush up on current Open House initiatives and give us the chance to thank you in person! Training will include a presentation from our Executive Director, Emma Telfer, Open House Risk Consultant, Bill Colby, and a special building tour by staff.
volunteers from 2017 returned in 2018
have volunteered for 5 years or more
have volunteered for the last 10 years!